About Me

I went to Arcadia High School. I played football,basketball,and golf.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Weekend Blizzard

The weather this weekend was crazy; I have not seen that much snow in my home town since I was a kid. It was Friday night I was driving back to Arcadia which is about an hour from La Crosse. That ride that night took us about two hours. I could not see the road because it was snowing so badly and the wind was blowing all of the snow onto the road. Finally I got home and I went straight to bed. The next morning I was woke up by the sound of a snow blower motor at six o’clock in the morning. I didn’t think of it much and went back to bed. I woke up later in the morning and I looked outside and it was still snowing and there was about a foot of snow on the ground already.
All of this snow ruined all of my plans for the day because everyone in town was snowed in. The plows were going all day and they still couldn’t keep up with the snow. So I decided to help my dad make rosettes in our garage. Rosettes are sugar cookies that my dad and I make every year around Christmas. We could make a lot of money on these cookies but we decide to give them away to our family and our friends. After we were done making the rosettes we put them in some boxes and I set off to go and try to deliver some. I made it to two of my friend’s house and I couldn’t get to my other buddies because there was so much snow so I called him and told him I would bring them Sunday before he headed back to school in Madison.
Sunday came I woke up and went to Subway to get something to eat and relaxed most of the morning then I decided to run to my buddies place and drop off his rosettes. I got to his house and gave him his rosettes and sat and visited with him for a while because I haven’t seen him since he went off to school. Finally I left and relaxed the rest of the day. Then later in the afternoon we packed up our things and headed back to La Crosse to do some homework. This year is going to be a white Christmas in Arcadia, which has not happened if quite a few years.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it wasn't a great weekend, neither was for most people I guess. As long as the roads are cleared I don't mind the snow at all.

    ReplyDelete